Be a part of a dynamic team that is changing the way cities and citizens shape our streets.
For three days, two miles of San Francisco’s main thoroughfare will become a testing ground for some of the best ideas to improve our city’s public space. We are looking for all types of skill sets to support this Festival. If you are a logistics-oriented designer, fabricator, environmental advocate, proponent of public art, urban planner, public life researcher, or any other type of ardent supporter of projects at this scale, we invite you to join us today!
- Maintain Market Street Prototyping Festival presence on the street (ie: wear T-shirt, hand out Festival collateral)
- Direct and answer questions from Festival participants and passers-by
- Engage with the public and encourage them to interact with the prototypes
- General event tasks assigned by Festival Producer, Production Director, and Block Captains
- Be available on radio, if needed
- Assist Festival artists
- Help with prototype installation (Wednesday shifts only)
- Help with prototype de-installation (Sunday shifts only)
- Help with Festival evaluation process
- Other Duties as assigned
- Engage in the process of promoting and showcasing projects on Market Street that will engage, inspire, and connect the community.
- Interact and network with other prototyping enthusiasts, designers, city planners, community advocates, and city leaders.